Sunday 6 July 2014

Blog…

Itzy finally pushed out the hangar











All I needed to do was get everything in.
                                                                          



     







Ted was too busy flying.








And the others were watching the world cup. 

 





Day 1, 22nd June 2014. Shenington to Wick.

This might be too long but its big day. I’ll get it shorter and more precise as I get used to blogging.

I’m not one for good byes, so waited until the member and competitors at the Shenington Gliding Club Regional comp were in the 10 oclock briefing to take off or I’d never leave having to shake everyone’s hand.
I still beat the place up a bit after taking off, to wave goodbye. It would have got me in to a lot of trouble, but by the time I get back, if I get back, they will have all long forgotten.


I landed at Coventry where my friends Ben and Anne Marie were waiting to help me refuel my Kr2 named Itzy, the other one I built being Bitzy, right to the top. I couldn’t take off from Shenington full of fuel, the runways are too short.

Had a bit of a problem going to my destination of wick. It isn’t open on Sunday? Well I didn’t know, so it was to Inverness instead as it was almost as far.

I beat up my parents and my childhood home in Stonnall north of Birmingham as it was on the way. My parents were in the Lake district where my Dad was flying model float planes off Lake Ullswater. I flew over the mountains then dove down the valley to just above the water, like the Dambusters, I pulled up over their camp site and saw them waving. Nothing much to add, but low cloud over the Cairngorms to fly around before landing in Inverness.

Inverness was welcoming. I parked the plane up outside my friend’s old company ‘Direct Flight’s’ hangar and walked to the main road to get the last bus to town. Food then a B+B at the end of a fantastically happy and sad first day.


No comments:

Post a Comment