Friday 11 July 2014

Fluffy flowers from near the waterfall above Egilsstadir. Took me about 3 hours to get up there and I didn't start out till 8.pm

Funny wildlife up there two.

I ran up trying to get fit.

Till the Waterfall Kewi Troll turned up at Midnight and I had to peg it down. But  it just doesn't get dark, so you can do what you like whenever you like. No need to go to bed, back in town there are tourists like me perusing town with no idea what time it is?

American Red cross bear checking out the Icelandic Red Cross.


Leaving Egilsstadir and climbing to about 8,000ft over the inner Icelandic Plato.


That's not a mountain, that was a volcano. Dormant now for many hundreds of years.


So is this one,         

5,000ft straight out the sea, I followed the coast before flying up the fjord to Akureyri


Tied down as the wind pics up in the night as the cold air rushes down to fill the valley. 

That's just silly, but apparently needed to go on up over the snow and glaciers.

  The museum is pretty good. I would like the time to explain some of the amazing stories and people and planes that make up the history of flying in Iceland. I didn't like the bit about all the crashes here to though.
  


 I borrowed a friend's car to drive out to Godafoss waterfall, about 40 k away. It had fury dice as well.





 Took loads more pics, the noise was impressive.

Went out on the town with the pilots from Akuyeri ending up in a massive icecream parlour. Look close at the labels on this machine. Different  coloured and flavoured krap. It made me laugh anyway, which I haven't for some time. A great night out with fellow pilots who have lots of experience of flying in Iceland and Greenland. It might be invaluable. Thanks guys...    

2 comments:

  1. Driving with FURY dice and eating flavoured krap, wow, no wonder they're all a bit bonkers! You must fit right in. Looks like your having an amazing adventure. 'Give - it - beans!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Colin - hope you are fit and able to ignore the weather. Hope the spare fuel tank reaches you soonest. Fabulous adventure - best Russell

      Delete